James.. I'll test the genid configuration option. I'll also test writing a lua script that takes from both the regex_reval and genid plugins.
 In this per remap lua script, Ill open a rule file/db The file/db will contain a list of regex's and a genid. Upon matching, the lua script
will set the cache key with respect to the corresponding genid. I think when I define my paths/regexes to match, I will use Unix  time
as my gendid.

Thanks all for the responses and suggestions.