From: "Madhava Gaikwad (madgaikw)" <madgaikw@cisco.com>
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:29 AM
To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org" <users@trafficserver.apache.org>
Subject: partial object caching

Hello experts,

I have legacy forward proxy used in enterprise network facing to internet behind firewall. Unfortunately it cannot do partial object caching. I am looking if I can get an alternate proxy to do this.

My requirement is:

1.       Partial object caching so updates by apple etc. can be cached. Also video caching will just work.

2.       Streaming to multiple client at same time should be possible from single server connection.

It seems varnish can do above stuff. But it works effectively as reverse proxy, so I have to position it before my proxy, as it cannot work as upstream proxy directly. Also its cache seems gets vanished after restart(Everything in cache is from heap).

Do you guys know if ATS can do this functionality? I believe it is not possible, but I thought just ask if we achieve this by any means. A pointing to how to would be really appreciated.

Thank you from Newbie,

Madhava