On Jan 9, 2015, at 10:33 AM, Paul Tader <ptader@collectivei.com> wrote:

On Jan 9, 2015, at 10:22 AM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:

On Jan 9, 2015, at 8:00 AM, Paul Tader <ptader@collectivei.com> wrote:

Hmm, I didn’t think about a DNS blackhole.  For now I’m looking into additional remap files using the “.include” directive in remap.config but I get these errors after running traffic_line -x

[Jan  9 15:57:04.270] Server {47752783210240} WARNING: Could not add rule at line #126; Aborting!
[Jan  9 15:57:04.270] Server {47752783210240} WARNING: [ReverseProxy] Unknown directive ".include" at line 126
[Jan  9 15:57:04.270] Server {47752783210240} WARNING: something failed during BuildTable() -- check your remap plugins!
[Jan  9 15:57:04.270] Server {47752783210240} WARNING: failed to reload remap.config, not replacing!

My remap.conf has these two lines:

.include /etc/trafficserver/filters.config
.include /etc/trafficserver/set1.remap.config

…which is odd because the documentation states:

"The .include directive allows mapping rules to be spread across multiple files. The argument to the .include directive is a list of file names to be parsed for additional mapping rules. "

http://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/reference/configuration/remap.config.en.html

Does your version of ATS match the version of the docs?

Nope and I apologize for that. Time to upgrade.

Thanks everyone.

Before I upgrade, I’ve tried a “deny all” map as the last line in remap.conf and listing all the allowed sites before this deny line, but it doesn’t take.  Can something like this be done?  (ATS version 3.04)

map http://apache.org/   http://apache.org   @action=allow   @src_ip=12.34.56.123
map /                    http://127.0.0.1    @action=deny @src_ip=0.0.0.1-254.254.254.254