From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release v3.3.5
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:03:47 GMT
On Aug 7, 2013, at 11:22 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've prepared a release for v3.3.4, which resolved a large number of bugs since v3.3.4.
Please see the CHANGES file for more details:

This vote passes, and I've pushed the bits to diet. I'll make the announcement tomorrow.

Onwards and upwards, lets get the next major release out soon. As you all know, we're all
in the midst of deciding how to deal with releases going forward, if you haven't seen it,
take a look at the current proposal:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/New+Release+Processes

The tl;dr is: we eliminate development releases (only stable), we make efforts to always be
upgrade compatible, we switch to http://semver.org versioning, and we change to 4 minor releases
/ year.

Cheers,

-- Leif