From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New release process
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:40:16 GMT
On Aug 12, 2013, at 5:10 PM, Igor Galić <i.galic@brainsware.org> wrote:

> This was exactly my problem at first. Leif was going with his proposal in one big zwoop
from odd/even (-dev/stable) major.minor.patch releases to *just* major.minor releases (he's
fixed that bit in the wiki by now)

Yes, I restored the major.minor.micro version concept. Sorry for obfuscating the issue unnecessarily.
The updated proposals are still on

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/New+Release+Processes

From what I can gather, the issue of contention is how to deal with incompatible changes.
We're all in violent agreement that our long standing rule of not breaking compatibility within
stable releases through the year is a given (e.g. 3.2.0 to v3.2.1 should always be safe).

Cheers,

-- Leif