From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Updates to records.config (default) for v3.4.0
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:01:09 GMT
I'd like to enable that reclaimable free list by default building & installation, can we?

在 2013-8-2,下午4:33,Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> 写道:

> On Aug 2, 2013, at 9:49 AM, Yunkai Zhang <yunkai.me@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So many users forgot to set "proxy.config.allocator.enable_reclaim" to 1 after they
compiled ATS with --enable-reclaimable-freelist option.

>> They were confused by "enable_reclaim" option, I think we should make it to 1 as
default.

> Seems reasonable to me. Alternatively, how about making it such that you expand it to
"1" if the --enable-reclaimable-freelist option was given? That ought to be really easy to
do, and avoids confusion.

> In fact, I'd recommend you doing it such that you *only* have these configurations in
the default records.config.default.in *if* the configure option is enabled. Same with the
SSD patch IMO.