From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Description of proxy.config.exec_thread params in records.config ?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:50:47 GMT
On 4/23/12 12:28 PM, Walsh, Peter wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm looking for a description of the parameters prefixed with
> proxy.config.exec_thread in records.config to help us better tune for
> performance.  I looked over the admin docs and prior user group posts and
> haven't found any clear descriptions, although it is possible I just
> missed it.
>
> CONFIG proxy.config.exec_thread.autoconfig INT 1
> CONFIG proxy.config.exec_thread.autoconfig.scale FLOAT 1.500000
> CONFIG proxy.config.exec_thread.limit INT 2

If autoconfig is enabled ("1"), then you will get 1.5 worker thread
(net-thread) per core. If a core is a hyperthread core, it only counts as
1/4 of a core.  If autoconfig is disabled ("0"), then exec_thread.limit is
used, and you manually control the number of threads.

Some example (with default settings):

Dual Core, no HT: 3 worker threads

Quad Core, with HT: 4 * 1.5 + 4 * 0.25 * 1.5 == 7

-- Leif