Yeah, homebrew has some magic for dealing with Apache mirrors:

$ ack 'closer\.cgi' /usr/local/Library/Homebrew
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/download_strategy.rb
574:  when %r[^http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi] then CurlApacheMirrorDownloadStrategy

Marc

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
On 29/01/2012, at 10:47 AM, Marc Abramowitz wrote:

> Just a quick note that my pull request to add a Homebrew formula for Traffic Server 3.0.2 was just accepted.
>
> https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/commit/ec7f5f6384c95ea7fd66f5d41135612b9f673491
>
> So there's another easy way for folks on OS X to give Traffic Server a spin.

Nice!

When I download http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/trafficserver/trafficserver-3.0.2.tar.bz2, I don't get the tarball, I get the mirror listing web page. Does Homebrew do anything special do get the tarball, or did something on the website change?