I am considering Traffic Server for a home proxy to reduce Internet bandwidth
and filter out specific Internet sites.
My home environment: (yes, I live in the boonies)
- VMWare cluster running to add a Linux instance for Traffic Server -
- Cisco Catalyst 2900XL switch connecting all nodes - 18.104.22.168 (default
- Internet connection is via a Cradlepoint wireless EVDO router with an EDVO
connection to the Internet (only thing that connects to this devise is the
2900XL) - 192.168.0.1
- 20 wired nodes throughout my house all home running to 2900XL
- 10+ wireless devises that connect to the Cradlepoint wireless EVDO router
- Cradlepoint EVDO router running DHCP
- Reduce Internet traffic to keep household under the 5GB per month limit
- Multi-User Proxy
- Multi-user shared cache - avoid downloading the same thing on all nodes
- Contect filtering and URL blacklist
- Usage monitoring
- Removal of advertisements on web pages
It appears that Traffic Server will work, although it is not really
intended to be used in this method. I do not want to use a forward proxy and
have to set all devices to use the proxy.
How do I setup a Transparency for all Internet traffic to go though the
Traffic Server with my setup?