From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Usage of Traffic Server with a CDN
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2010 21:56:15 GMT

----- "John Cheng" <johnlicheng@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am exploring the role of ATS in a high availability, high traffic
> web site. And I would like to ask if it make sense to use ATS for the
> purpose of "scalability" if you are already using a CDN.

Y! uses it for their CDNs. If it's good enough for them..

Anyway, a CDN can be a number of things. What is it for you?

> By "scalability" I mean the use of ATS as a reverse proxy to cache
> dynamic contents, images, etc., Of course, ATS has uses other than
> caching contents, but I would like to hear your opinion on the roles
> of ATS if you already have a CDN and Apache HTTPD server in place.

Right now I'm using httpd in production for these purposes (edge proxy
and cache: http://blag.esotericsystems.at/2010/02/introducing-more-caching/ )
and ATS in test - I really need to post an update and describe

The only one thing I'm missing for my purposes is mod_security.

> --
> ---
> John L Cheng

So long,