tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Support for JDK only by Windows Installer?
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2019 15:50:44 GMT
Hello,

is there a good point why the Windows Service Installer
(apache-tomcat-9.0.27.exe) did not support Oracles Java JDK (11 without
JRE) out-of-the-box especially for silent installation?

Meanwhile I know that I have to add a config-file with parameter /C for
silent installation. But because of getting no error code and finding no
log-file after a failed silent installation, it needs some time to solve
this issue ;-)

IMHO unfortunately the installer does not look for Java by using the
JAVA_HOME environment variable and also does not check the registry key
HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\JDK for some reasons.

I suggest to add the JDK registry key and JAVA_HOME envvar to the
install script (source/res/tomcat.nsi), if there is no reason against to
use JDK only?

Best regards

Alexander