tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 8.5.48: NullPointerException in ApplicationMapping.getHttpServletMapping()
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:40:47 GMT
On 18/11/2019 04:36, jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com.INVALID wrote:
> Oh yippee. Another release. :-D

I'm not sure how to take that. My impression is that you think another
release is a bad thing. My expectation was that regular releases would
be viewed as a good thing. I apologise if I have misinterpreted your
comment but, if I haven't, could you explain why another release is a
bad thing?

> Do you have an ETA on 8.5.49 Mark?

Voting started yesterday. Votes typically run for 72 hours. While we can
use shorter / longer voting periods, I'm expecting this one to be the
typical 72 hours. Assuming the vote passes, I'll move everything to the
release area. It then takes ~24 hours for the mirrors to pick up the
release and we announce shortly afterwards.

That said, the actual bits don't change. So you can get a copy of 8.5.49
whenever you like and can consider it released as soon as the VOTE
passes on the dev@ list. I'd expect that some time Wednesday evening /
Thursday morning (UTC).

Mark

> Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
> Jon McAlexander
> Asst Vice President
>
> Middleware Product Engineering
> Enterprise CIO | Platform Services | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions
>
> Upcoming PTO: 11/8, 11/11, 11/15, 11/22, 11/28, 11/29, 12/2, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20 – 12/31
>
> 8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
> MAC: F4469-010
> Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508
>
> jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com
>

> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose,
or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you for your cooperation.

4 (some names changed). As part of that I aligned the 8.5.x implementation code with 9.0.x.
That removed a null check that 8.5.x needs. I'll cancel the 8.5.48 vote, get that fixed and
roll an