tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Rauch <a...@labkey.com>
Subject Tomcat 8.5.48: NullPointerException in ApplicationMapping.getHttpServletMapping()
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2019 22:08:46 GMT
While testing 8.5.48, we now see NullPointerExceptions when our
ImageServlet code attempts to forward a request to a new location. In
8.5.47, the code works fine.

A simplified version of our code:

     public void sendResource(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) throws IOException, ServletException
     {
request.getRequestDispatcher(getForwardLocation(request)).forward(request,
response);
     }

The NPE stack trace we see:

     java.lang.NullPointerException
          at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationMapping.getHttpServletMapping(ApplicationMapping.java:36)
          at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:380)
          at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:316)
          at
org.labkey.api.settings.TemplateResourceHandler.sendResource(TemplateResourceHandler.java:202)
          at
org.labkey.api.attachments.ImageServlet.service(ImageServlet.java:72)
          at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741)
          at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
          at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
          at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

Let me know if you'd like me to open a Bugzilla and/or provide more context.

Thanks,
Adam