tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Malcolm <techst...@malcolms.com>
Subject Re: Massive Startup Time after Server Reboot
Date Mon, 20 May 2019 18:05:38 GMT
Andre,

Your theory sounds like a real possibility.  It would explain why it
only blows up the first time after a reboot.  I'll test the theory
tonight during off-peak use hours for the web sites I host.

Thx.

Jerry

On 5/20/2019 3:43 AM, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
> On 20.05.2019 00:09, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
>> Just an FYI.... this server has been in production a little over a
>> year.  This TC load
>> problem only started 2-3 months ago.  So 'something' changed to cause
>> this problem to
>> manifest itself. It's been too long to try to correlate a specific
>> server change to the
>> start of this problem. But I just wanted to point out that this
>> problem has NOT been
>> around since day 1 on this server.
>
> Just in case, since this is a Windows server ..
> 2-3 months ago, an update of a virus scanner ?
> (of the intrusive kind which pre-checks each file that wants to be
> opened)
> Checking may be easy or not, depending on your access : disable the
> virus scanner just the time to start tomcat and check.
>

>> Jerry
>>
>> On 5/19/2019 5:03 PM, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
>>> Rainer,
>>>
>>> No change with the urandom parm.  I am attaching a portion of the
>>> Catalina log.  The
>>> first half shows between 8 and 15 seconds to deploy each app for a
>>> single virtual host
>>> (there are no war files, the app is already exploded in the appbase
>>> dir).  I have quite
>>> a few virtual hosts with several apps each.  That initial server
>>> start took 21+ minutes.
>>>   I then restarted the TC service and got the ~.5 sec start per
>>> webapp shown in the 2nd
>>> half of the log below.
>>>
>>> Can you refresh me on how to capture the stack dumps you suggested?
>>> It's been a while....
>>>
>>> Thx.
>>>
>>> Jerry
>>>
>>>  First start of Tomcat after server reboot
>>>  [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\JSPWiki.war] has finished in
>>> [8,579] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\cis]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\cis] has finished in
>>> [11,486] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\gallery]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\gallery] has finished in
>>> [9,204] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\gl]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\gl] has finished in
>>> [8,469] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\idmanager]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\idmanager] has finished
>>> in [8,689] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\itemtrack]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\itemtrack] has finished
>>> in [6,907] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\malcolment]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\malcolment] has finished
>>> in [8,469] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\notebook]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\notebook] has finished
>>> in [10,189] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\order]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\order] has finished in
>>> [8,501] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\payment]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\payment] has finished in
>>> [14,209] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\projectmanager]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\projectmanager] has
>>> finished in [9,018] ms
>>>  [C:\Tomcat 9.0\conf\Catalina\myridetx.net\manager.xml]
>>> ptor [C:\Tomcat 9.0\conf\Catalina\myridetx.net\manager.xml] has
>>> finished in [62] ms
>>>
>>>  Restart of Tomcat
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\cis]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\cis] has finished in
>>> [594] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\gallery]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\gallery] has finished in
>>> [547] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\gl]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\gl] has finished in
>>> [562] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\idmanager]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\idmanager] has finished
>>> in [578] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\itemtrack]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\itemtrack] has finished
>>> in [547] ms
>>> tory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\malcolment]
>>> irectory [C:\domains\<myDomain>.com\webapps\malcolment] has finished
>>> in [579] ms