tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Louis Zipes <Louis.Zi...@kdrp.com>
Subject Latest Best Practices for Tomcat Tuning
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 14:36:45 GMT
Hi Experts,
I know that if you Google 'Tomcat Tuning' you will get some hits  (ex. https://www.mulesoft.com/tcat/tomcat-performance)
but  I would like to see if we can have a discussion of best practices for Tomcat tuning from
the group of experts here.  Is there an updated top 10 list or something similar or what people
have found have greatly helped their performance.   Note that I have looked through the archives
but most of the hits I get date back 10 years.

My personal situation is I'm running Tomcat 8.5.x on Windows with a third party application.
 Since it is a third party application I feel I can't open up the actual coding itself so
I'm left to tune around the margins (ex. Parameters in service.bat, maybe try to switch our
odbc.jar to a different one, etc) but maybe I'm wrong.

Basically, is there an updated list of best practices that we can discuss here or is this
not the appropriate venue.  I'm looking for a more generic conversation that would benefit
all users on this forum and if it helps me personally then of course that is great!

Or is the answer always get the stack dumps and analyze from there.   : )

Thanks in advance

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for intended addressee(s) only and may contain information
that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately. Unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited and
may be unlawful.