tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Language Settings Location
Date Wed, 29 May 2019 09:50:20 GMT
Hi. See at end.

On 29.05.2019 11:04, Victor WILLART wrote:
> Apache Tomcat 8.0 - Windows 64x
>
>   Hi, I just wanted to know if there is a way to figure out where is the settings file
which define the language of a web application using Apache Tomcat 8.0>

>   Here is a part of a code that makes me think there is a way to change language settings:
>

>   (function () {
>       var locale = (window.navigator.languages) ? window.navigator.languages[0] :
>           (window.navigator.userLanguage || window.navigator.language); //gets user's
preffered language as dictated in settings
>       var supportedLocales = ['en-US', 'ko', 'zh-CN', 'it', 'fr', 'es', 'de', 'ja', 'nl',
'pl', 'pt-BR', 'ru', 'sv', 'ar', 'da', 'fi', 'he', 'sl', 'tr'];
>       var scriptName = document.getElementById("locale").getAttribute("rel-path");
>       var defaultScript = scriptName + 'default.properties';
>
>   And in the same folder I have access to properties files with the translation of the
app for these same languages.
>   Location of the folder: "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\paDowntimeUapp-0.2.2\external-resources\i18n"
>
>   So I was wondering where this settings file could be, is it a JSON file ?
>
>   If you have any hints that could be pretty handy ! If you need more information or
think it is not clear enough please tell me.

I believe that this is a question for the supplier of that application (webapp)
"paDowntimeUapp" (?)

There is nothing in the Tomcat code or setup that influences the language in which an
application (a webapp) responds to the browser; that is done inside the application itself.

Said another way : the code which you show above is javascript code, probably found inside

the directory where your webapp "paDowntimeUapp" is installed under tomcat/webapps.
The same for those properties files.
These code/properties files have nothing to do with tomcat itself, and there is not much
that we can do to help, because we do not know this application and do not have its code.
(It is not that we do not want to help, it is just that we can't).