tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Усманов Азат Анварович <usma...@ieml.ru>
Subject TLS1.3 support for tomcat 7 with APR/tomcat-native
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 10:43:41 GMT
Hi everyone!

I have a java7 web application that runs on tomcat 7.0.70 I'm using Apr/tomcat-native w OpenSSL
for TLS connections .(Tomcat-native 1.2.17  APR 1.6,OpenSSL 1.1.1 RHEL 6  ) Latest stable
OpenSSL release (1.1.1) has TLS 1.3 support ,I have upgraded to it  successfully. My question
is  if and when    tomcat 7 will be upgraded to support TLS1.3  through w APR/tomcat-native/OpenSSL?
do such plans even exist?

I'm guessing it will not happen at least untill both Chrome and firefox release their    browser
updates for RFC8446 support (which are  both scheduled for Mid october Crome 70 and firefox
63) but would like to know more about it