tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mitch Claborn <mitch...@claborn.net>
Subject Re: Cluster session replication performance
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2018 16:33:26 GMT
Further information and questions.

I created my own interceptor based on ThroughputInterceptor so that I
could log the timing of specific sessions to correlate them with the
failures in my health check program.  I was surprised to find that in
those instances where the health check reported a failure, the
interceptor reported that the session send was accomplished in < 5 ms,
while the health check app is waiting a full 1000 ms between calls to
the different tomcat instances. So now I'm more confused than ever.

Anyone have any ideas?

In a ChannelInterceptor, does when getNext().sendMessage(destination,
msg, payload) returns, does that mean that the message has been sent AND
received by the recipient member, or does that only indicate a send?

Mitch