tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Cheshire <yahoono...@gmail.com>
Subject configuring jarscanner in 8.5 to ignore entire directory
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 19:03:11 GMT
How do I tell the jar scanner to ignore my entire WEB-INF/lib
directory for the pluggability scan and tld scan?

I have in my context.xml

<JarScanner>
  <JarScannerFilter
pluggabilitySkip="${tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanFilter.jarsToSkip},*/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar"

tldSkip="${tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanFilter.jarsToSkip},*/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar"
/>
</JarScanner>

the JarScanner completely ignores it as evidenced by the 20+ log
messages along the lines of

org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner$TldScannerCallback.scan No TLD
files were found in
[file:/home/sandbox1/tomcat/webapps/p/WEB-INF/lib/java-image-scaling-0.8.6.jar].
Consider adding the JAR to the
tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanFilter.jarsToSkip property in
CATALINA_BASE/conf/catalina.properties file

If I start listing each individual jar file it stops scanning them. Is
there no way to just exclude an entire directory?