tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: + character is always encoded in url path after request dispatch since #59317
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:54:55 GMT
On 21/04/17 17:27, Tobias Brennecke wrote:

<snip/>

> My question is whether this behavior is intended or if this is a bug.

That looks like a bug to me.

We need to go through and check all the places URLs are being encoding
and check it is being done correctly.

I am concerned that fixing this may break apps that rely on the broken
behaviour. We might need to provide some configuration to work around this.

> As I'm a native German speaker, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or
> misspellings. Thank you for your efforts and patience while reading this
> mail.

No need to apologise. I had no idea you weren't a native English speaker
(I am) until I read that last sentence.

Kind regards,

Mark