tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Connection reset while trying to access a web service running under Tomcat
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2017 21:35:45 GMT
We've got a problem, and I'm not sure where it is.

We've got a remote box, belonging to a customer, that's trying to access
a web service hosted by a Tomcat server on one of our boxes (part of a
new webapp).

The customer box is getting "Connection Resets" while trying to access
our web service. Here is some of the debug output:
> (GSKit) I/O: A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket.
> ssl_error(406): (GSKit) I/O: A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket.
> SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) I/O: A connection with a remote socket was reset
by that

I think initially, the problem was in the customer's firewall not
letting the requests out on the port this server runs. They say they've
got that fixed, but the connection resets continue.

According to the statistics on our firewall appliance/router (a TP-Link
WDR4300), it's getting some packet traffic intended for the server in
question, but nothing is being logged by the webapp itself. And nothing
seems to be getting logged to Catalina*.* from any of this traffic,
whether failed sign-ons from the customer box, or successful traffic
from one of our other boxes. Is there anything we can do to determine
whether Tomcat is seeing any of these request? And what it could be
doing with them?

--
JHHL