tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier (tomcat) ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Set up postgresql on tomcat7
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 21:18:38 GMT
With apologies for top-posting,

I believe that this is now getting a bit confusing, in terms of Java and Tomcat versions,

and in terms of where you want to run this on.
I suggest that you start by looking at which highest version of Java you can install on
your target machine, and then look at the corresponding highest Tomcat version you can
install. If your target machine is the Ubuntu one, then use "apt-cache search java" and
"apt-cache search tomcat" to find these out.
Then refer to : http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html
to see which versions to install (the higher the better), and do it.
Then maybe start a new thread, indicating clearly
- the chosen OS
- the chosen java
- the chosen Tomcat version x.y.z
and re-state your latest questions.

I saw one response in the current thread (by Jason D. Burket) which seemed quite specific

and detailed. So once you have done the above installation (and before writing again to
the list), why don't you give that one a try, and come back and report your success or
failure. And if it fails, paste the corresponding Tomcat log messages.

On 17.08.2016 22:53, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
> On 17.08.2016 16:15, Andrew Davis wrote:
>> Its a redhat ..  i don't think tomcat 7 or later will run on this.
>
> Why shouldn't it ? As long as there is a java for it, Tomcat will run on it.
> Check out : http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html
> But there is a contraduction then between the subject of the mails you have been posting,
> and the version/documentation which you are using.
> And I know that this does not answer your questions.
> I was just trying to point out that the closer you are to the current latest released
> version, the more likely you are to find more people to help you on this list.

>>> If your version is Tomcat 7, then maybe you should look at the Tomcat 7
>>> documentation, not the v 6 one.
>>>
>>> In any case, even Tomcat 7 is somewhat old now.  Can you upgrade to a
>>> later version ? That might increase your chances of getting help here.

>>> Sorry, but personally my expertise in these matters is nil, so I hope
>>> someone else here can pick this up now.
>>>
>>> Andy

records into my
When i attempt  to