tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Clement Chong <ehch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help: auth-constraint with Tomcat 6
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:12:35 GMT
Hi Tim,

Basically the first realm contains list of users we want to deny access. The
password would be dynamic, making it difficult to get through. Well, maybe I
should really consider working with specific roles. That is, grant users
with roles that would allow them access. Then I would probably just need a
single realm for authentication.

However, this would mean almost all users require such a role granted except
for some whom we like deny access. Then every new users would also probably
need granted the role. A little extra work there, besides working with IT to
get the new role setup.. A black list would work better than a white list in
this case.

Thanks,
Clement