tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple applications
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:05:19 GMT
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Peter Flynn <pflynn@ucc.ie> wrote:

> I've been using Tomcat5 with Apache2 under RH5 to run Cocoon, but I now need to add Lucene
and eXist. Is it possible to run multiple applications like this on the same machine using
the same Tomcat server?

Yes.

> At the moment, all Cocoon pages get an extra "cocoon/" token inserted in their URI, eg
http://myhost.server.domain/cocoon/stuff. I did look at just replacing ROOT in webapps but
that seems a little heavy-handed,

Renaming a directory (or war file) is "heavy-handed"???

> and it would seem to defeat any chance of adding Lucene and eXist.

No it wouldn't.

Look at the examples that come with the standard distro. It should
be apparent that (and how) multiple webapps are supported.