tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Flynn <pfl...@ucc.ie>
Subject Multiple applications
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:37:20 GMT
I've been using Tomcat5 with Apache2 under RH5 to run Cocoon, but I now
need to add Lucene and eXist. Is it possible to run multiple
applications like this on the same machine using the same Tomcat server?

Someone mentioned something about "another Tomcat instance" but I don't
know if this is required, and I can't find any documentation about it.

At the moment, all Cocoon pages get an extra "cocoon/" token inserted in
their URI, eg http://myhost.server.domain/cocoon/stuff. I did look at
just replacing ROOT in webapps but that seems a little heavy-handed, and
it would seem to defeat any chance of adding Lucene and eXist.

Is there another way to get rid of the "cocoon/", because the Cocoon
pages will be the interface the user sees (but somehow preserve an
equivalent "lucene/" and "eXist/" because they won't be seen much)?

///Peter