tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 6 service on local computer could not start (1067 error)‏
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:08:14 GMT
> From: Hannes Smit [mailto:hsmit_81@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: tomcat 6 service on local computer could not start (1067
> error)‏
>
> I have no JAVA_HOME in environment vars... Should it be there or
> somewhere else?

No environment variables are used by the service, so you don't need it.

> No I reboot, and try Tomcat Again. The log:
> [2009-06-30 12:35:17] [info] Error occurred during initialization of VM

This would indicate the JVM isn't where the service wrapper thinks it is.  Run the tomcat6w.exe
program, go to the Java tab, clear the "Use default" box if it's set, and enter the correct
path to jvm.dll in the "Java Virtual Machine" line; for your installation, it should be:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\bin\client\jvm.dll

Reinstalling Tomcat will probably fix it as well.  The problem was created when you changed
JVMs out from under Tomcat.

 - Chuck