tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: integrating Apache 2 server and Tomcat
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:13:01 GMT
> From: Dimitrios Christodoulakis [mailto:dimi.chr@gmail.com]
> Subject: integrating Apache 2 server and Tomcat
>
> At the same time I have uploaded and deployed the application under
> usr/java/tomcat-5.5/webapps/mydomain/

If you want it to be the default webapp, you should deploy it as /usr/java/tomcat-5.5/webapps/ROOT
(case sensitive).

> As I understand at this time web content is served by the apache
> server and not Tomcat. What I have been trying to do is to have all
> pages static and dynamic be served by Tomcat.

Then simply remove the httpd server - there's no point in having it if everything will be
handled by Tomcat.  Configure the HTTP <Connector> in your Tomcat to listen to port
80 rather than 8080 (or whatever it is now), and comment out the AJP <Connector>.  If
there are restrictions on what ports you can use based on the privileges of the userid Tomcat
is running under, you can start Tomcat with jsvc or have GoDaddy forward port 80 to a viable
port that you configure in Tomcat.

BTW, you might want to search the mailing list archives for other people's experiences with
GoDaddy...

 - Chuck