tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Custom Valve
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:32:08 GMT
> From: Sumit D [mailto:sumitd.10@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Custom Valve
>
> by the way, I could not find META-INF/context.xml. I create from
> scratch ?

Yes, create it if you need one.  Many webapps do not require the Tomcat-specific settings
available via a <Context> element.

> Also, if I put the <Valve className="my.Valve">...........code in the
> server.xml of Tomcat, would'nt it work just like AccessLogValve ??

Yes, but it will apply to all sub-components of where you put the <Valve>.  Placing
it inside the <Context> element in the META-INF/context.xml file keeps it from affecting
other webapps.

 - Chuck