tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tomas Rodriguez" <admhards...@yahoo.ca>
Subject error with tomcat HTTP Status 404 The requested resource() is not available
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:07:28 GMT
Ok thanks a lot Charles, jus I followed your advise, I created all
directory(WEB-INF
/lib, web-inf/classes) under my folder d:/examplestomcat, and I created too
the file tomas.xml at the directory
c:\tomcay6.0\conf\Catalina\localhost\tomas.xml
 with the <Context docBase="d:/examplestomcat">, I executed the IE and the
via URL I wrote http://127.0.0.1:8080/tomas, but at the end I can see
anything, just show me an error.

the error is:

HTTP Status 404 - /tomas/

type Status report

message /tomas/

description The requested resource (/tomas/) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.18

I reboot the tomcat services, but I can't get any good result, well I don't
know what should I do with the web.xml. I just copied the orginal web.xml
from tomcat directory to d:/examplestomcat/web.xml, I didn't change anything
in this file.
and I copied as well the mysql/J connect from tomcat/lib to my
d:/examplestomcat/WEB-INF\lib
I sorry for bother you, but I need to finish with this configuration.
thanks so much
have a great day
sincerely
TOMAS