tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "domenico di leo" <domenico.di...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Null
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:08:18 GMT
If I have understand your problem is : you receive a lot of null value
afther a query but you don't except them.
The problem could be in your if statement .

((String[])queryResults.elementAt(r))[c]).equalsIgnoreCase("null"))

you compare a String vector with a String because you have upacsted to
String[]  the return value of queryResult.
I think you should do something like this:

String[] queryResult = new String[10]
/* Suppose that the queryResult method yelds a vector fill with 10 String

queryResult = new ((String[])queryResults.elementAt(r))[c])

afther

for (int i=0; i<= queryResult.lenght(); i++){
 if queryResult[i].equalsIgnoreCase("null"))
    return null; // Why do you use "" ?
  return queryResult[i];
}

Cheers