tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Venkatesh Babu <venkatbab...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where to find session cookies
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 05:30:11 GMT
Think the servlet APIs like response.addCookie() etc ... might be helpful here. You can send
couple of cookies in your response header, the browser will store these cookies permanently
in harddisk.

-Venkatesh

----- Original Message ----
From: lightbulb432 <veerukrishnan@hotmail.com>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:42:36 AM
Subject: RE: Where to find session cookies

How can I configure Tomcat to use permanent cookies as opposed to session
cookies? One of the reasons I'd like to know is to see the behavior of
method isNew() of HttpSession, which I can do if I'm able to disable
cookies. As the Javadoc for HttpSession says:

"A servlet should be able to handle cases in which the client does not
choose to join a session, such as when cookies are intentionally turned
off."