tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Huang" <vict...@gameworkz.com>
Subject RE: Can Tomcat access JSP pages out of tomcat folder?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:30:33 GMT

Thanks, Chuck.

But I noticed that you were using $Tomcat_home directory as docBase. That's
different with my configuration - I wanted to load this web app which is out
of $tomcat_home directory.

Yes, it would work if I put web app into $Tomcat_home.

/Victor

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Can Tomcat access JSP pages out of tomcat folder?

> From: Victor Huang [mailto:victorh@gameworkz.com]
> Subject: RE: Can Tomcat access JSP pages out of tomcat folder?
>
> I followed what you suggested - create WEB-INF folder under
> C:\myapp-shares\jsps, create bs.xml under
> $tomcat_home/conf/Catalina/localhost
>
> <Context path="/bs"
> docbase="C:\\myapp-share\\jsps" />

The path attribute is not allowed - it's defined by the name of the .xml
file.  Also, you might try using a single forward slash rather than the
double backslashes.  I'm using the following without problems for simple
tests:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context docBase="C:/apache-tomcat-webapps/test"/>

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.