tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gardner, Brad" <bgard...@rippe.com>
Subject Tomcat default context
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:42:44 GMT

I am using tomcat 5.5.20 and attempting to set up a default context
without placing the context tag inside of the server.xml file.  I
created the ROOT.xml file under <Tomcat Home Dir>/conf/<engine>/<host>/
and placed this tag into the file:

<Context docBase="mywebapp"/>

This resulted in no change, and the default tomcat page still appears
when I view my webapp.  I have also tried adding path="" with the same
result.  This tag works fine when placed inside server.xml, but I am
trying to avoid that now.  Any ideas on what I may be missing or
mis-understanding?