tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing Tomcat 6.0.9 on Sun Solaris
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:11:19 GMT
On 2/19/07, Daniel Gresh <dgresh@lle.rochester.edu> wrote:

> I've been following the installation instructions in RUNNING.txt.
> Basically, it tells me to download the binary distribution, unpack it,
> make sure JDK1.5 or greater is installed, and run the server. I also need to set up a
CATALINA_BASE,

No, you don't. Until you've gotten the basic installation down, stay out
of the "advanced configuration" section. :-)

If you follow *exactly* the steps before that, it should just work. If it
doesn't, e.g., you're still getting a "connection failed" error, check to
see whether the process is running or not. If not, check the logs, and
if so, check for firewall/iptables/whatever problems.

Good luck,