tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L [GCG-NAOT]" <barry.l.pro...@citigroup.com>
Subject Connection pool problem DBCP - 4.1.3
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:22:01 GMT

This is driving me crazy. I'm finally close, I think, on getting this solved.

Problem is I seem to either get Connection is closed or Exhausted resultset, depending where
I put my close statement.

I've got the following up at the top, which replaces my driver reference that was previously
there.

Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
// Look up our data source
DataSource ds = (DataSource)
  envCtx.lookup("jdbc/myoracle");
// Allocate and use a connection from the pool
Connection connection = ds.getConnection();

Statement selstmt = connection.createStatement();

String prepSQL = "SELECT AID, ACTIVE, REQUESTOR_NAME...," +
		 "PHONE_NUM,DATE_REQ,... " +
                          "...." +
		 "FROM table a INNER JOIN table b " +
		 "ON a.CTRL_ID = b.CTRL_ID " +
		 "WHERE AID = ?";

PreparedStatement prepstmt = connection.prepareStatement(prepSQL);
prepstmt.setString(1, aidstrd);
ResultSet admsql = prepstmt.executeQuery();
admsql.next();

(etc., etc.)

admsql.close();
selstmt.close();
connection.close();

If I move up connection.close, I get the Connection is closed statement, otherwise I get exhausted
result set.
Any idea what gives?