tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Gresh <dgr...@lle.rochester.edu>
Subject Re: Installing Tomcat 6.0.9 on Sun Solaris
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:03:55 GMT
Hi thanks for the reply.

I cleared my CATALINA_BASE variable so it would take on the default
$CATALINA_HOME variable. I then moved my conf lib logs temp webapps work
directories back into $CATALINA_HOME. Then, I used startup.sh, and it
WORKED! Hooray! I can shutdown and startup the server when I do not have
a $CATALINA_BASE. When I try to setup a $CATALINA_BASE by moving the
aforementioned directories to $HOME/dtomcat, I get the error I posted in
my original message.

Is there anything I missed when setting up $CATALINA_BASE?

I moved the conf, lib, logs, temp, work, and webapp directories to
$CATALINA_BASE. Should I have copied them, therefore leaving a copy in
$CATALINA_HOME? After that, I use startup.sh and supply the
-Dcatalina.base=$HOME/dtomcat argument to startup.sh, and it says it's
using the appropriate directory. However, startup.sh does not start the
server apparently; I cannot connect to it from a browser, and I get the
error I posted when I try to use shutdown.sh.

There's obviously something I missed. Do I need to edit some files or
something?

Thanks a lot,
Dan