tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Boyer" <Da...@bvu.edu>
Subject Re: context elements in /conf/[enginename]/[hostname]
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 02:54:42 GMT
Okay, I'm getting closer. I've removed the 'path' attributes, and the
contexts are loading fine. However, Tomcat is using /xmlfilename as the
context's path. If I can't use the 'path' attribute in the Context
elment of files in /conf/[enginename]/[hostname], how do I tell Tomcat
the path is /dir1/dir2/xmlfilename?

>>> hoju@visi.com 2/24/2005 11:10:26 AM >>>

You do realize that the context configuration files have changed
between
Tomcat-5.0.xx and Tomcat-5.5.x, right?  If not, read the docs.  If you
used the
"path" attribute before in the standalone files, you no longer do that.
 The
path is implied by the name of the file.  All you specify is the
"docBase".
And, of course, no more <Logger> elements.

Jake

Quoting David Boyer <David@bvu.edu>:

> I'm upgrading my Tomcat 5.0.x installations to 5.5.7. All of my
context
> elements are defined in individual files (with a ".xml" extension)
in