tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <jbainbri...@gmail.com>
Subject Redirect from one SSL port to another
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:11:52 GMT
Currently we are running a pilot of Tomcat (alongside Jrun+IIS) where
Tomcat is on port 8443 using https and IIS is on port 443. We are
getting close to moving Tomcat into Production use disabling IIS +
Jrun and are looking at ways to easily redirect users from 8443 to 443
so the users of the pilot don't have to change URL's within email
notifications they have received from the system.

At first I thought setting an additional Connector port for 8443 with
a redirectPort to 443 was a good idea but if you don't add in all the
addtional SSL stuff it won't respons to https requests and if you do
add in the SSL stuff then the redirectPort doesn't get used and it
just sticks to 8443.

Does anyone know of an easy way to do this within Tomcat? I'm thinking
I might have to setup a separate Tomcat instance listening on port
8443 and setup redirects there but then again I could be missing
something obvious.

Cheers,
--
Jason Bainbridge