tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <jbainbri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does Tomcat interact with filesystem file permissions
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 03:35:23 GMT
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:38:31 -0500, Brian J. Sayatovic
<trin@trinition.org> wrote:
> So is all file access from the DefaultServlet performed as the Local
> System account?

Sure is and running any service like Tomcat as LocalSystem is a bad
idea, you should create either a domain or local account (some
companies prefer domain accounts as it is "easier to manage") that
only has the bare necessity of permissions to run Tomcat. I just went
through this exercise myself and still need to document exactly what I
did as I couldn't find any online resources about it.

I have never used or heard of Tagisj JAAS though but that does sound
like something that would be worthwhile looking into.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org