tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <jbainbri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server on Mac
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 01:51:13 GMT
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:26:46 -0800, Lisa Thompson
<lmtwashington@wavecable.com> wrote:
> I am new to ³website development², use Dreamweaver to develop my sites, and
> have been attempting to get the Tomcat server running on my Mac OSX system.
> I would like to integrate a database using Dreamweaver with their Coldfusion
> technology. Macromedia recommended Tomcat for the server technology. I
> downloaded it, installed it, and now would like to deploy it. I am not
> familiar with the use of Terminal, however. So, being a novice, can anyone
> direct me in how to get it going?

Macromedia recommended Tomcat? How amusing considering their competing
Jrun product, where exactly did they recommend that? I am fighting an
uphill battle on some fronts to get our compny to more widely support
Tomcat so any ammunition is most appreciated. :)

As for running it on OSX, I've never tried even though I'm posting
this from a Powerbook but a google for OSX Tomcat turned up quite a
lot of resources including:

http://developer.apple.com/internet/java/tomcat1.html

It's for an older version but should still mostly apply.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org