tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt <mko...@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject RE: Need access to classes outside Tomcat for JSPs
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:14:31 GMT
Everybody take it easy.  We've all at least "thought" what Dan posted, at
one time or another, especially when dealing with Tomcat documentation
(official or otherwise) and the pro-this or pro-that solution folks.
There's no need to escalate this into a flame war.

I only wish I was far enough along to help, but I've only gotten Tomcat
to recognize webapps (well, really just JSP files, but that's b/c of my
inexperience and lack of time right now) outside of $CATALINA_HOME.  I DO
HOWEVER, suspect that a solution is to be had somewhere in your web.xml
file (as opposed to server.xml, which is not as fine-tuned for your
needs), but these are guesses.  So, assuming you're under other pressures,
as most of us are, and not just being rude for rudeness' sake, does anyone
have a clue how to do this without throwing the baby out with the bath
water as the first reply suggested?

Think community,
-Matt

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Allistair Crossley wrote:

> 1. Yes people do read, and offer advice based on whether a) they can and b) how rude
the poster is. You fall into (b) right now, so good luck.

> 2. Tomcat, not TomCat.
>
> 3. This is a voluntary user list and you should not "expect" to receive help as you seem
to.

Matthew Kozak
Rutgers University-Camden
mkozak@camden.rutgers.edu