tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ian van der Neut <ivdn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error-page directive
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:12:05 GMT
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:41:36 +0100, Ian van der Neut <ivdneut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:32:42 +0100, Trond G. Ziarkowski
> <trond.ziarkowski@gep-as.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have you tried to move your the error-page directive to between the
> > <welcome-file-list> and <taglib> directives. Seem to remember this
> > happening to me some time ago as well.
>
> That seems to get rid of the message, but it doesn't seem to honour
> the directive, because I still get tomcats default exception
> stacktrace page.

The fact that it is not honoured seems to be because of a problem in
the apperror.jsp file. Moving the error-page directive before the
taglib directive solves the problem indeed.

Just curious, does order matter in web.xml? If so, where is this
documented? Or is this just a bug?

Thank you very much,

Ian.