tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pawson, David" <David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk>
Subject RE: commons-fileupload memory problem
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:54:21 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Elihu Smails

    I am trying to use the commons-fileupload classes and
    cannot figure out how to keep my uploads from getting
    stored in memory.  I am using the following methods:

    DefaultFileItemFactory fileItemFactory = new
    DefaultFileItemFactory( 10, new File("/tmp") );
    DiskFileUpload upload = new DiskFileUpload( fileItemFactory );

    When I run tomcat using JDK 1.5's jconsole program and
    upload a file, my memory usage jumps to about 10x the size
    of the attachment.

    Has anyone else used the library successfully?

Yes, very little problem once I got the hang of it.

regards DaveP