tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian J. Sayatovic" <t...@trinition.org>
Subject How does Tomcat interact with filesystem file permissions
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:38:31 GMT
I'm curious to know how Tomcat interacts with file permissions in the
native filesystem.  For example, I'm running Tomcat 5.5 on Windows XP
SP2 as a service under the Local System account.  I'm also using Tagisj
JAAS as a JAAS Realm so Tomcat can use my XP credentials.

I have my default context set to a directory with some static HTML
content.  I also have folders in that directory that have reestricted
permissions to certain groups I have defined in XP.  However, just
hitting my website as an anonymous user, Tomcat willingly lets people
into those folders.  Instead, I've had to put security constraints in my
web.xml listing the groups that I wanted the folders restricted to.

So is all file access from the DefaultServlet performed as the Local
System account?

Regards,
Brian.