tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Coast <nat...@codeczar.com>
Subject context path confusions
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 04:21:34 GMT
Hi,

When I declare this context in server.xml:

       <Context path="/tomcat/codebar"
                docBase="${catalina.home}\czwork\codebar"
                debug="5"
                reloadable="true"
                crossContext="false">
       </Context>

the webapp deploys to /tomcat/codebar - great, this is what I want.

However, when I specify the same context in its own context.xml file
[catalina-home]/conf/Catalina/localhost/codebar.xml, the webapp deploys
to /codebar which is the wrong context.

Is this the correct way to deploy to a path like /foo/bar/whiz rather
than just /foo?

Also is there any way (on a windows machine) to specify the docBase on a
different drive?  If I specfiy:

docBase="X:\codebar\target\codebar"

I get:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
X:\codebar\target\codebar does not exist or is not a readable directory

The path is valid and readable on the machine tomcat is running on.

thanks
Nathan

--
Nathan Coast