tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "William Noto" <wn...@openfinance.com>
Subject setting sys properties in context? yea / nay?
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:27:11 GMT
Hi there -

I have what I consider a Tomcat question but it lies somewhere between
tomcat and log4j.  I've looked elsewhere in the log4j and tomcat user lists
and I have not been able to find an answer to this one but please forgive me
if it is out there and I missed it.

Can I set a system property in my Context?  My understanding is that I can
set a JNDI property using the <Environment> tag, but not a system property?
The issue is that I would like to use this property in my log4j.properties
file, like this:

log4j.appender.fileout.File=${log.path}/logs/logfile.log

Any suggestions or links?

Thanks,

William