tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Farbos <lionel.far...@free.fr>
Subject Re: session load-balancing and clustering of tomcat
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:52:48 GMT
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:55:15 +0100
Mladen Turk <mladen.turk@jboss.com> wrote:

> Lionel Farbos wrote:
> > 2) then add the module mod_jk in apache
> > with jk workers defined like this :
> >
> > worker.list=t1_ajp13,t2_ajp13,loadbalancer
> >

> This is not quite correct, although it will work.
> You should set worker.list only for workers that
> have JkMount directive registered.
> Also workers that are member of load balancer
> *should* not be listed within worker.list

I put this example because it can be useful for maintenance
(the JkMount directive at the instant t is possibly not the same as at the instant t+x)

Example :
My webapp "testAppli" is now loadbalanced on hosts h1 and h2.
If want to upgrade my webapp "testAppli".
So,
1) I mono-balance testAppli on h2 (with JkMount /*.jsp h2 + apache reload)
2) I restart testAppli on the Tomcat_h1 instance
3) I mono-balance testAppli on h1
4) I restart testAppli on the Tomcat_h2 instance
5) I re-loadbalance testAppli

With this principle + mod_jk 1.2.9 (with dynamic change of properties) + a graceful restart
of Context
I hope upgrading my webapp transparently (without interruptions)...