tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Filter: Reading the http response content
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:06:09 GMT
You must wrap the response in a HttpServletResponse wrapper then
override the getOutputStream/Writer with your own methods which provide
a "proxy" to the real getOutputStream/Writer. The wrapped object then
goes to the next filter in the chain.

In other words, a pain in the a$$. Before re-inventing this - look
around to what other people already did.

If you really want to do this - look at the various compression fitlers
available and store in cache instead of compress.

-Tim