tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marieka Prince" <marie...@hotmail.com>
Subject Deploying and Catalina Class Loader
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:44:11 GMT
Hello,

I am writing an application that accesses the Catalina internals. I
understand that the classes I need in the $CATALINA_HOME/server directory
are not visible my web application. My application is actually working but I
have a question regarding deployment.

It is a simple application but classes are not centralized under my
applications WEB-INF, so deployment is currently not as quick and clean as a
typical web app.

My classes currently reside under the following directories:
$CATALINA_HOME/server/classes : servlet that accesses the
org.apache.catalina classes and sets variables in my Beans
$CATALINA_HOME/common/classes : my Beans
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myApp : Jsp that accesses Beans

Am I missing something ? Can I somehow centralise my classes ? Is the only
solution writing a shell script to place each directory individually  ? Any
help or comments would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Marieka