tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oktay Altunergil <tom...@altunergil.com>
Subject Re: domain:8080
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:18:32 GMT
Your hosting provider (or you .. if you have root access) has to set up a connector for your
web server that relays jsp/servlet requests for your domain to Tomcat. Chances are they will
not do it. It can get pretty annoying to set up in a shared environment, which is probably
why they told you to use port 8080 in the first place.

By the way.. I need to provide a similar service to our customers and I would appreciate any
links to documentation about Tomcat and Apache in a VirtualHost context for shared servers.

Oktay Altunergil